En Español »
DanceAbility International’s mission is to create opportunities for people with and without disabilities to dance and move together. Our vision is that through dance and movement, people from very diverse backgrounds experience the art of being together.
The work of DanceAbility® International helps decrease
prejudice and misconceptions
diversity in the
of dance, and by
extension in society.
“I believe that DanceAbility® goes beyond movement exploration and is, for many people their
first opportunity to define themselves in their own terms and see that this dance form, like
their lives, has many options and possibilities.”
Mobility International U.S.A.
- Eugene, Oregon, February 4th, 2016 - DanceAbility will have the honor of being featured on OPB’s Emmy-award winning show, Oregon Art Beat. It is our pleasure to invite you to a viewing party and celebration of our new downtown office. Please join us from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at 576 Olive Street, Suite 208. The Art Beat segment will air at 8:00 p.m. Wine, Beer and Pizza will be served. Limited seating; please RSVP by calling 541-357-4982 or by If you can’t make the event, be sure to tune in at home at 8:00 p.m. to OPB.
- Lane County, Oregon, January - March, 2016 'Everybody Can Dance' Youth and Adult Classes in Eugene, Cottage Grove, and Junction City. New participants are welcome, as are adult volunteers. For more information, please .
- Vienna, Austria, July 3rd - July 29th, 2016 - co-produced with ImPulsTanz Festival. This is a four-week, full-time training. For more information and to download a registration, please.
- Portland, Oregon, March 21 - March 25, 2016 - 5 Day Danceability Teacher Orientation. This teacher training course provides basic DanceAbility exercises and theory for immediate application for those who want to lead movement improvisation and mixed-abilities inclusive dance. To download a registration form, . For more information, or visit our
- Eugene, Oregon, August 7th – September 2nd, 2016 - In this four-week, full-time training, participants learn how to teach and lead dance, movement, and theater groups integrating all abilities and disabilities. Teachers learn to create a foundation of equality and respect among students, and to build connections and community between people through dance. To download a registration form, . For more information, or visit our
- Eugene and the Ashland-Medford area, 2016. STAY TUNED! There will be additional Teacher Orientations in Eugene and Ashland, Oregon in 2016. These courses give dance educators insight into the principles of the DanceAbility Method.
- Check out our that gives an overview of our work, as we celebrate 25 years of groundbreaking dance.
- Eugene and accross the USA – Join Escrip and there are some businesses that will automatically give a percentage of your bill to DanceAbility International! For example, in Eugene through their participation with eScrip, Market of Choice, Sizzle Pie, Cozmic Pizza, Maru Asian Tapas Bar, El Tapatio and others will help us provide more free or low-cost dance programming with your help! See our for easy sign-up details.
- Remember to follow us on and connect with us on
- Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Alaska - You can help DanceAbility earn donations just by shopping with your Fred Meyer rewards card. See our for easy sign-up details.
576 Olive St. Suite 208
Eugene, OR 97401