En Español »
DanceAbility International’s mission is to create opportunities for people with and without disabilities to dance and move together. Our vision is that through dance and movement, people from very diverse backgrounds experience the art of being together.
The work of DanceAbility® International helps decrease
prejudice and misconceptions
diversity in the
of dance, and by
extension in society.
“I believe that DanceAbility® goes beyond movement exploration and is, for many people their
first opportunity to define themselves in their own terms and see that this dance form, like
their lives, has many options and possibilities.”
Mobility International U.S.A.
- DanceAbility had the honor of being featured on OPB’s Emmy-award winning show, Oregon Art Beat. To watch the episode please
- Lane County, Oregon, March - June, 2016 'Everybody Can Dance' Youth and Adult Classes in Eugene, Cottage Grove, and Junction City. New participants are welcome, as are adult volunteers. For more information, please . To download a registration form, please .
- Vienna, Austria, July 3rd - July 29th, 2016 - co-produced with ImPulsTanz Festival. This is a four-week, full-time training. For more information and to download a registration, please.
- Eugene, Oregon, August 7th – September 2nd, 2016 - In this four-week, full-time training, participants learn how to teach and lead dance, movement, and theater groups integrating all abilities and disabilities. Teachers learn to create a foundation of equality and respect among students, and to build connections and community between people through dance. To download a registration form, . For more information, or visit our
- Eugene, Oregon, June 13 - June 17, 2016 - 5 Day Danceability Teacher Orientation. This teacher training course provides basic DanceAbility exercises and theory for immediate application for those who want to lead movement improvisation and mixed-abilities inclusive dance. To download a registration form, . For more information, or visit our
- Florence, Oregon, June 10, 2016 - "Don't Leave Me" weaves dance, music, and architecture in a celebration of equality and empowerment, and features professional dancers with and without disabilities. For more information,
- Check out our that gives an overview of our work, as we celebrate 25 years of groundbreaking dance.
- Eugene and accross the USA – Join Escrip and there are some businesses that will automatically give a percentage of your bill to DanceAbility International! For example, in Eugene through their participation with eScrip, Market of Choice, Sizzle Pie, Cozmic Pizza, Maru Asian Tapas Bar, El Tapatio and others will help us provide more free or low-cost dance programming with your help! See our for easy sign-up details.
- Remember to follow us on and connect with us on
- Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Alaska - You can help DanceAbility earn donations just by shopping with your Fred Meyer rewards card. See our for easy sign-up details.
576 Olive St. Suite 208
Eugene, OR 97401